↓ Skip to main content

Polycystic liver disease presenting with an exudative pleural effusion: a case report

Overview of attention for article published in Journal of Medical Case Reports, April 2012
Altmetric Badge

About this Attention Score

  • Average Attention Score compared to outputs of the same age
  • Average Attention Score compared to outputs of the same age and source

Mentioned by

twitter
3 tweeters

Citations

dimensions_citation
3 Dimensions

Readers on

mendeley
4 Mendeley
You are seeing a free-to-access but limited selection of the activity Altmetric has collected about this research output. Click here to find out more.
Title
Polycystic liver disease presenting with an exudative pleural effusion: a case report
Published in
Journal of Medical Case Reports, April 2012
DOI 10.1186/1752-1947-6-107
Pubmed ID
Authors

Kerry Woolnough, Altav Palejwala, Simon Bramall

Abstract

Polycystic liver disease is asymptomatic in 95% of patients. In the remaining 5% it causes symptoms due to the local mass effect of the polycystic liver. We describe the case of a patient who presented with symptoms of a pleural effusion and was also found to have polycystic liver disease. The effusion recurred despite repeated efforts at drainage and only resolved following surgical debridement of the cystic liver.

Twitter Demographics

The data shown below were collected from the profiles of 3 tweeters who shared this research output. Click here to find out more about how the information was compiled.

Mendeley readers

The data shown below were compiled from readership statistics for 4 Mendeley readers of this research output. Click here to see the associated Mendeley record.

Geographical breakdown

Country Count As %
Unknown 4 100%

Demographic breakdown

Readers by professional status Count As %
Student > Master 1 25%
Student > Ph. D. Student 1 25%
Professor > Associate Professor 1 25%
Student > Bachelor 1 25%
Readers by discipline Count As %
Medicine and Dentistry 3 75%
Unknown 1 25%

Attention Score in Context

This research output has an Altmetric Attention Score of 2. This is our high-level measure of the quality and quantity of online attention that it has received. This Attention Score, as well as the ranking and number of research outputs shown below, was calculated when the research output was last mentioned on 16 April 2012.
All research outputs
#7,503,821
of 12,445,728 outputs
Outputs from Journal of Medical Case Reports
#622
of 2,041 outputs
Outputs of similar age
#61,375
of 117,372 outputs
Outputs of similar age from Journal of Medical Case Reports
#5
of 8 outputs
Altmetric has tracked 12,445,728 research outputs across all sources so far. This one is in the 37th percentile – i.e., 37% of other outputs scored the same or lower than it.
So far Altmetric has tracked 2,041 research outputs from this source. They receive a mean Attention Score of 3.2. This one has gotten more attention than average, scoring higher than 65% of its peers.
Older research outputs will score higher simply because they've had more time to accumulate mentions. To account for age we can compare this Altmetric Attention Score to the 117,372 tracked outputs that were published within six weeks on either side of this one in any source. This one is in the 45th percentile – i.e., 45% of its contemporaries scored the same or lower than it.
We're also able to compare this research output to 8 others from the same source and published within six weeks on either side of this one. This one has scored higher than 3 of them.