Dissemination in Action: Communicating Research in a Digital World
11:00 – 12:00 PM EST
06 March 2020
Patty Smith, Senior Engagement Manager at Altmetric, will be guest presenting on this upcoming webinar on March 6th as part of the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine’s ‘Career Development Corner Webinar Series’:
Tracking research dissemination and impact has become increasingly important in our digital age. The speakers will provide a solid background on dissemination and demonstrate the practical applications of a variety of tools. The session will include:
- Exploring social media platforms commonly used to disseminate research
- An introduction to Altmetric and how alternative metrics can help track the dissemination of your work
- Identifying institutional and open repositories, and the importance of archiving outputs
- Crafting research impact statements for grants, CVs, promotion and tenure, etc.
Webinar participants will:
- Learn how to use alternative metrics to track the impact of your work
- Learn how to use institutional and open repositories
- Learn how to craft research impact statements for different audiences.