Join our team
Senior Customer Operations Manager (Fixed-term Maternity Cover)
London, United Kingdom
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Customer Operations Manager to join our growing team in London on a fixed-term maternity cover contract for 12 months. This role will lead our customer operations team to ensure we provide an exceptional quality of service to all Altmetric customers throughout the customer lifecycle. You’ll be a great operational manager, with the ability to oversee multiple aspects of our operations team including customer support, onboarding and ongoing engagement.
You’ll have the ability to lead and manage a high quality customer support team, oversee concurrent implementation projects to onboard new customers and help develop processes to nurture existing customer relationships. This role works closely with our senior management team, so you’ll also be involved with reporting and reviewing each aspect of the service and implementing quality and performance improvements.
This is a highly visible position that is critical to the company’s customer operations, with direct responsibility to improve service quality for all Altmetric users.
This post is full-time, based in our London office, but we are open to considering flexible working arrangements working for a minimum 28 hours (four days) per week.
- Lead all customer support operations, including online support queries, new customer onboarding, and ongoing training and engagement
- Line Management of the customer operations team: Customer and Sales Support Specialist; Engagement Manager; Implementation Manager
- Constantly improve our customer workflows and operational processes
- Develop our online customer support by enhancing existing processes to ensure we are providing an exceptional level of service to all Altmetric users
- Ensure our implementation and onboarding process is effective and timely, including overseeing multiple ongoing projects
- Actively engage with our customers, working closely with the Engagement Manager to help users the most out of Altmetric tools, data and services
- Represent Altmetric by maintaining a positive and professional approach to all customer operations, troubleshooting and acting as the point of escalation where necessary
- Keep abreast of product and technology developments at Altmetric, and across the scholarly communications community
- Provide operational and business development support to the senior team, where required
- Provide regular reports to the senior team and review each aspect of the service in order to implement quality and performance improvements.
- Ability to manage and lead the customer support and operations team
- Ability to communicate with a range of Altmetric users and customers including researchers, publishers, universities, non-academic institutions, corporate clients and potential customers – tailoring your approach accordingly
- Ability to manage and build internal relationships across levels of responsibility, teams and Digital Science portfolio companies
- Excellent understanding of customer service workflow operations and tools
- Provide a solution-driven approach to all operational processes and services
- Demonstrate a strong track record of problem solving and strong analytical capability to find solutions for a variety of operational processes
- Significant experience in a customer service/operational management role in a fast-paced environment, ideally a technology company
- People management experience – setting objectives and enhancing performance
- Passionate about providing an excellent customer support experience across the customer lifecycle
- Operational management experience, ideally with customers spanning industries and tailoring approach accordingly
- Knowledge of using a range of customer-facing tools, and improving existing systems and processes
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Pension plan
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Conference & training budget (incl. international travel)
- Flexible working
If this role interests you, please apply here before the closing date of 17th October 2017.