Join our team
About the role
Part of the Digital Science portfolio, Altmetric provides the tools that allows users to track and measure activity around academic and corporate research, pulling patterns and compelling stories from hundreds of thousands of online conversations each month.
Our Senior Engagement Manager will be going on maternity leave in March and returning in September. We’re looking for someone to cover the role from 01 March through to the end of September.
Over the last eight years Altmetric has grown to over 300 clients around the world, in diverse market segments including: Publishers, Academic institutions, Government organisations, Funders, Pharmaceutical companies and other corporates.
Each year, many new clients are ‘on boarded’ and a key element of our implementation process is training – the Altmetric service is complex and our data has a number of different applications. Our existing clients also have training requirements, as new product features are released and new users register.
Additionally, regular client contact is required to maintain and build relationships. The Engagement Manager is responsible for ensuring that these clients are supported in using Altmetric services and applying our data, so that they can achieve meaningful outcomes.
Working closely with clients to assess training and educational requirements, this role involves running webinars, training sessions, and check-in calls with customers. Skilled at developing and nurturing client relationships, you will be responsible for ongoing engagement and collaboration with our customers post-implementation. You will work closely with the VP Commercial Operations, Marketing team, and our Product Sales Managers and sales teams to successfully embed Altmetric services.
- Deliver Altmetric training sessions as part of our implementation process – training webinars, , workshops, and regular refreshers
- Maintain and build client relationships through regular contact and value-added offers such as: Roll-out support (increasing awareness in existing client organisations), advanced training, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the commercial and sales teams to conduct regular consultative check-in calls with customers, providing advice and support to help embed Altmetric tools across the organisation
- Create slide decks, multimedia, and training materials and keep up-to-date
- Develop a thorough understanding of Altmetric products and customer needs
- Collect and develop customer roll-out plans and identify support gaps
- Work closely with sales teams to develop and nurture existing client relationships
- Report back to the Director of Product on real-life usage scenarios and client feedback
- Contribute to key projects
- Demo or present at conferences, where needed
If this role interests you, please apply here.