Join our team
Product Sales Manager
Remote - US based
Are you passionate about data, a natural with clients, and have a talent for telling engaging stories? Altmetric needs you! We’re looking for a new US-based Product Sales Manager to join our team.
You will act as business-owner for the Americas, working closely with colleagues from sales, marketing, engagement and product to help drive new sales and to support our existing client relationships.
You will own the overall sales goal for the segments we service: corporates, universities, government organizations and funders, serving as Digital Science’s ‘subject matter expert’ for Altmetric and the power of our data. Qualified candidates ideally located on the East Coast, but have flexibility to work remotely.
As Product Sales Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- The sales performance of the Americas region
- Defining and executing the commercial plan to generate and advance sales opportunities in key industries and countries by:
- Working with marketing and the wider Digital Science sales team to develop and deliver sales campaigns
- Supporting or running virtual (on-site as the global situation permits) client meetings, in collaboration with the Digital Science sales team
- Attending and speaking at conferences, webinars and user events
- Protecting and growing existing revenues with key clients by:
- Serving as a consistent contact point for “high-touch” customers
- Aligning with sales and engagement colleagues to deliver engagement activities
- Analyzing up sell and cross-sell opportunities per segment
- Acting as key point of contact at Altmetric for Digital Science’s North American sales teams, creating and executing custom demos, participating in customer visits, preparing and approving pricing proposals
- Inputting into pricing, processes and other commercial strategy decisions
- Regular sales reporting and analysis
- Contributing to the Altmetric value proposition as we develop our existing portfolio and diversify with new consultancy services
Key skills and experience
- 7-10 years experience in a sales or other client-facing roles
- Familiarity with complex, matrix organizations and remote working environments
- Experience in (or selling to) the pharmaceutical industry, with a broad understanding of requirements for data and analytics in medical affairs and marketing is preferred. However, we operate in multiple segments and will consider applicants from a wider range of industries, such as healthcare, education, scholarly publishing, business information, software etc.
- A self-starter with a high level of productivity and good prioritization skills needing little direct day-to-day management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to engage with customers, the wider scholarly community, and the team, including excellent abilities at producing and presenting slide decks
- Ability to establish strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers and partners
- Experienced public speaker comfortable with speaking to large groups in-person and virtually
- Proven track record of anticipating and responding accordingly to the needs of colleagues and customers
- Ability to evaluate, and make decisions based on, lead conversion reports, sales pipelines, client usage data
- Able to travel 20-30%, mostly in North America with occasional overseas trips
- Digital Science North American sales teams
- VP Commercial Operations, Altmetric
- Senior Engagement Manager, Altmetric
- Director of Product, Altmetric
- Altmetric Data Insights team
- Altmetric implementation and support teams
- Altmetric marketing team
If this role interests you, please apply here.