Join our team
Product Specialist – Americas
US - remote
Altmetric is a data science company working to help research institutions, government agencies, funders, publishers and corporate organizations more easily track and understand the online reach and influence of their publications. Our alternative metrics and the underlying data enable researchers and those that support them to see where their work is having a public impact via news and social media, being used to inform policy, or referenced in patent applications.
Our Product Specialist (Americas) will be responsible for helping to drive sales and generate new lead interest across the North and Latin American institutional markets. You’ll work closely with our sales, product and marketing teams to identify and actively pursue new business opportunities, and be able to advise on customer projects and analyses that require an in-depth knowledge of our products and data.
You’ll need a passion for data and a great understanding of the institutional landscape, and the motivation to work well within our global, fast-paced environment.
- Providing support to the North American institutional sales team – creating custom reports or presentations, running analyses, demoing Altmetric tools and services to prospective clients
- Identifying and proactively developing new business opportunities
- Working with marketing and engagement to develop campaigns and training materials as needed
- Developing expert knowledge of Altmetric’s systems and data, and the ability to offer advice on their application to the wider scholarly community
- Ensuring opportunities are moving forward, and stepping in to take action where needed
- Working with the Director of Market Development, Americas, to shape and execute business development strategies for both North and Latin America
- Adept at understanding customer needs and tailoring approach accordingly
- An excellent understanding of the metrics and academic institutional space
- The ability to speak Spanish (and/or Portuguese) would be a huge bonus
- Capable of developing and delivering engaging presentations or written communications, and at ease talking to any level or size of group
- Ideally experience of working remotely, and a proactive approach to engaging with other team members
- Effective time management skills and close attention to detail – with a high level of productivity and a flexible approach
- Passionate about innovation, excellence and building new businesses
- Proven success in a business development or sales role, ideally in software or data-based products
- Previous engagement with prospects and partners in the academic environment – particularly research publication, administration, assessment or strategy
- Experience of working closely with product teams and coordinating between many remote stakeholders at once
- Confident with data and previous experience of working with APIs is highly desirable
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity to work autonomously in a dynamic environment
- A flexible holiday allowance and other staff benefits
- A team that values innovation, initiative, and energy