Join our team
Senior Product Sales Manager
Remote - US
Are you passionate about great products, keen to connect with customers, and have a talent for telling engaging stories? Altmetric needs you! We’re looking for a new US-based Product Sales Manager to join our team.
Working remotely, you’ll collaborate closely with colleagues from product, sales, engagement and marketing to help drive new sales across the Americas, provide support to the central Digital Science sales team, and help us shape our commercial strategy.
You’ll also be encouraged to engage proactively with the communities Altmetric serves; speaking at conferences, attending user events and leading new business development in your markets.
As Senior Product Sales Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Developing strategic account relationships for Altmetric with high profile academic, government, funder, and corporate accounts, serving as a consistent contact point for “high-touch” customers
- Working with marketing and the wider Digital Science sales team to develop and deliver sales campaigns, webinars and sales support materials for all segments
- Supporting or running onsite and virtual sales meetings, in collaboration with the Digital Science sales team
- Acting as key point of contact at Altmetric for Digital Science’s North American sales teams, creating and executing custom demos and participating in customer visits
- Leading on Latin American sales and managing the relationship with a Brazil-based sales and engagement support specialist
- Inputting into pricing, processes and other commercial strategy decisions
- Regular sales reporting and analysis
- Conference and user event attendance and speaking
Key skills and experience
- 3-5 years experience in a sales or customer engagement role within the scholarly research space
- A self-starter with a high level of productivity and good prioritization skills needing little direct day-to-day management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to engage with customers, the wider scholarly community, and the team, including excellent abilities at producing and presenting slide decks
- Confident remote worker who can stay integrated with a global, remote team via many communications channels (Slack, email, skype, phone, etc)
- Ability to establish strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers and partners
- Experienced public speaker comfortable with speaking to large groups and via virtual platforms (GoToWebinar, Zoom, etc)
- Proven track record of anticipating and responding accordingly to the needs of colleagues, direct reports, and customers
- Familiarity with Salesforce and/or Pardot marketing automation systems useful but not essential
- Able to travel 20-30%, mostly in North America with occasional overseas trips
- Digital Science’s North American sales teams
- COO, Altmetric
- Senior Engagement Manager, Altmetric
- Head of Product, Altmetric
How to apply
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.