Altmetric in the News
Experience powerful searching, richer data and enhanced reporting
20 September 2016 – Altmetric today announced the release of version 2 of the Explorer for Institutions platform (EFI), the most significant update since its initial release in 2014.
An intuitive platform used by faculties, librarians and academics to discover online attention for research, EFI enables users to search across the entire Altmetric database and interact with vibrant data visualisations to uncover the engagement, influence and reach of published research from their own institution, as well as that of their peers.
Already in use amongst academic, funder, non-profit and governmental organisations around the world, version 2 of EFI provides users with a more efficient interface, outstanding reporting capabilities and advanced search functionality:
- Find research outputs: Use Altmetric’s powerful search engine to search across your institution’s research or explore the Altmetric database of over 7M research outputs.
- Discover Altmetric Insights: Uncover real-time engagement, influence and reach for your institution’s research, and dig in to the data using the new intuitive browsing interface.
- Report on Key Achievements: Incorporate Altmetric data into impact case studies and other reports by utilising our beautiful new data visualisations:
- A beautiful new Attention Summary Chart that provides the ability to identify trends in different attention sources and monitor online engagement over time.
- Attention Highlights showcasing the research that’s getting the most attention.
- An updated Global Breakdown that provides a visual view of the global reach of each research output.
Speaking about the new release, Altmetric’s Founder Euan Adie said, ‘Altmetrics continue to evolve, and we are committed to bringing our users the best possible functionality to help them better navigate the data and demonstrate the reach and influence of academic work. With new ways to search, filter and report on attention, we’re confident that the re-designed platform offers users the best altmetrics experience yet.’
Version 2 of Altmetric EFI is now available and is currently being rolled out to subscribers.
Altmetric is a London based company that tracks and analyses the online activity around published articles, books, datasets and other scholarly outputs. We work with some of the world’s biggest publishers, funders, and institutions to deliver actionable insights using high-quality data. Altmetric is supported by Digital Science. Visit http://www.altmetric.com or follow us on Twitter @altmetric for more information.
About Digital Science
Digital Science is a technology company serving the needs of scientific and research communities at key points along the full cycle of research. It invests in and incubates research software companies that simplify the research cycle, making more time for discovery. Its portfolio companies include a host of leading brands including Altmetric, BioRAFT, Figshare, Labguru, Overleaf, ReadCube, Symplectic and ÜberResearch. It is operated by global media company, the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group. Visit http://www.digital-science.com and follow @digitalsci on Twitter.