REF 2021 Working Group
What is the REF Working Group?
The Altmetric REF Working Group kicks off in January 2020. The aim of the group is to make sure you have all the support you need to effectively use altmetrics and Explorer for Institutions to surface new impact insights and inform your institution’s Impact Case Studies.
We agree with the warnings that metrics and dissemination do not equate impact — so we’ll provide tips on how to:
- Find relevant attention to your institution’s outputs
- The importance of evaluating them qualitatively
- How you might be able to use this information to point you towards real world impact
The first webinar will take place at 2pm GMT on January 22nd, 2020 – join the working group today to receive your invitation!
Who can join?
The working group is open to any UK institutional staff actively involved in REF 2021 including REF Managers, library research support staff, research office teams and impact officers based in departments across the institution.
By joining the Altmetric-REF Working Group you’ll get exclusive access to:
- Discussion webinars held quarterly throughout 2020 and kicking off in the new year
- Materials to help you train staff across your institution to use Explorer for Institutions specifically for the REF
- Invitation to the Altmetric-REF Slack channel to facilitate discussion and provide real-time support
How to join
If you would like to join the working group, please complete this form.
Please note: there is no limit per institution and the invite is open to all departments and staff. You might choose to select a key member for your institution or invite your core REF team. Please feel free to forward this link to colleagues across your institution and ask them to complete the form too!