Institutional Repository badges
Add Altmetric data to your institutional repository, for free
Showcase the influence of your research
Help academics and other visitors to your repository explore the online attention surrounding your research with the colourful Altmetric badges.
Badges are free for individual academic institutions to display on content published by their faculty. If you’re not an academic institution, or also host research published by authors outside your organization, please get in touch to discuss getting started.
Quick and easy installation
Installing Altmetric badges on your repository involves just a few simple steps:
- Tell us the domain of your institutional repository (so we can make sure we’re tracking mentions to it and unlock all of the data) – email email@example.com
- Ensure you have identifying metadata on your pages
- Decide the style of badge you’d like:
- Visit altmetric.com/badges to grab the code and add the badges to your content!
Lots of institutions already display the Altmetric badges in their repositories – take a look at some of the examples below for inspiration!
Trying to install the badges but not seeing any mentions? Below are some of the more common issues we see:
- Make sure we know about your repository Please email us to tell us the domain where your content is hosted, otherwise we may not be tracking for mentions to content hosted there, and your users will only see the limited version of the Altmetric details page for each item.
- Ensure you have the right metadata The free badges require some simple information in the metadata of each page to recognise the research outputs. Click here for more detail.
- Make sure you’re linking to the right place In order for Altmetric to pick up a share or mention of research, the mention needs to have a link directly to the page with the item metadata. You can read more here about why we might miss some mentions.